Monday, April 27, 2009

7 weeks 4 days

Wow! What a weekend it has been!

I ended up going to the ER on Saturday night because I was having cramping all day. The tenderness started from the morning and as the day progressed, the sharp pains started. I was freaking out so I went into the ER. The doctor seemed like such a scmuck. He told me that basically there was nothing that he could do and that if I was going to lose the babies, I was going to lose the babies. Obviously I know that there is nothing he could do to stop it, but c'mon! How about some reassurance? To make matters worse, I asked him to perform an ultrasound to check both of the babies, make sure that they both had heartbeats, etc... He did not want to do that because he said that if they were going to die there was nothing he could do about it. I basically made him do an abdominal, he would not do a vaginal. He only found one heartbeat! He wouldn't look for the other one. He told me, "well, we found one, so I'm sure that the other is ok." I was so scared! On Sunday, I felt much better cramping wise but was still scared and tired from the long stay.

Today was my first prenatal appointment. I told the doctor about the ER incident and thankfully, she was very concerned. She wheeled in an ultrasound machine right away and did a vaginal u/s. She found both of the beating hearts. That made me feel so much better. Everything else in the appointment went great. She said that because I am having twins, it is a high risk pregnany but she doesn't forsee any problems, whatsoever. She does want me to register for the one hospital that Kaiser has that has a 3 level NICU in case I go into preterm labor. All of these things are flying through my head now and I am so worried and excited at the same time. Now that we saw both of the heartbeats, the chances of miscarriage is very slim but you never know if and when these babies are going to decide to come out. My personal goal is to carry them for 37 weeks. However, I have to do that...

My next appointment is at the end of the month. I will be 12 weeks and supposely we will hear the heartbeats! So exciting!

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment