Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm amazed

I'm sitting here at the computer watching my babies. I can't believe just how much they have grown. They are huge in comparison to what they were when they were newborns. It is amazing to watch them grow everyday. It is especially amazing to see the smiles on their faces and listen to them talk to me. I am so blessed.

What I am not blessed with is a body that loses weight. I was 130 lbs when I started having children. With my first daughter, I gained 69 lbs. When I went in to deliver I was 199 lbs. Who does that? Really. Throughout the years I went up and down with my weight. I think the skinniest I ever was maybe 170 or so. At the beginning of 2009, I was 211 lbs. I only know that because we started a diet. I cut out all pop and eating fast food and lost 15 lbs in a month and a half. I was so excited. Then I got pregnant with the twins. My first doctor's appointment showed that again, I was 199 lbs. I was so scared that I was going to gain 70 lbs again. When you are pregnant with twins though, there is nothing really you can do. The funny part is I only gained 24 lbs and it was ALL baby. I was so suprised to see all that weight gone, the first week pp. So again, 2010 begins with 199 lbs. My family and I have decided to do the Big.gest Lo.ser Cou.ple style. My husband and I have done so well. We have counted calories, exercised, I have refrained from my dr. pepper and still what do I have to show for it? 6 lbs. I guess it is better than nothing but really? My goal is to get back to 140-150. Will I ever get there?

1 comment:

  1. Oh honey, I hear you- on many levels! My babies are growing before my eyes and I cant even bear to write my weight!

    ReplyDelete