Friday, October 9, 2009

28.5 weeks-30 weeks

It feels like I haven't been on this forever to update. It has actually been 3 weeks or so now. I am writing this from a hospital bed so it will probably be in two posts so it is not so long.

After my first baby shower that Sunday, I felt a little weird. I had gone a little crazy on the cake and ice cream and soda but I hadn't felt Jocelyn (baby A) move in what seemed like forever. But I thought, well, I will just give it awhile and we will see. I went to work Monday and I guess I sort of forgot about it. I don't know how you can forget but I did. On Monday night, I mentioned it to my hubby again and he wanted me to go to the doctor's office right away on Tuesday morning. So I did, thinking that I was crazy and everything was going to perfectly fine. Well, they scheduled me for a non-stress test. At that point, it was the first that I had ever had. She hooked me up to all the monitors and fairly quickly we (the nurse and I) started noticing all the contractions that were going on. I wasn't feeling them though. Then Jocelyn had a dip in her heartrate. It was only one but the nurse did not like that at all. Also she just wasn't as reactive as her sister was. She was moving from the ultrasound but her heartrate wasn't going up. The doctor came in to do a cervix check on me since I was having so many contractions and found that I was dilated to a 1. She said, "Go straight to the hospital."

Long story short, I was in the hospital for 1 day and a half. They gave me the steroids to help the babies lungs to mature and they kept me on contraction medication that they sent me home with. Even though, I was still contracting, the doctor took a look at my cervix before he cleared me to go home and I was still a 1. He said that the contractions were not changing my cervix so it didn't worry them. I was on bedrest for then on out and needed to follow up with my doc a few days later.

I did what they said, I stayed on bedrest for a few days. When I went to see my doctor, she checked my cervix again, still I was a 1. I asked her if I was able to take my daughter to school and pick her up in the afternoon. Basically, she told me to do what I needed to do as long as I wasn't having contractions.

So I did. I had the second baby shower with my in-laws but I took it easy. I sat down most all day. I felt great.

1 comment:

  1. Eek!!! So glad that you got the steroid shots and that things seem to be stable now. Fingers crossed that you get a few more precious weeks!

    ReplyDelete