Thursday, September 3, 2009

26 weeks, 0 days

Wow! We have made it to 26 weeks. That makes me thrilled. What is even more thrilling is I got to see my baby girls today for the first time in 6 weeks. It has definitely been too long. I can't believe how big they have gotten

Jocelyn is 2.2 lbs. She is measuring 2 days ahead and is in the 56th percentile. She is baby A and was head down at our 18 weeks appointment but is now head up. The ultrasound tech says that she has plenty of time to turn back around so I am saying a little chant to persuade her. She puts her head into my ribs which is why I am feeling so much pressure up there.

Adelyn is 2.1 lbs but has a huge head. Her head is measuring at 27.5 weeks. The tech reassured me that she just had a big head and that there was nothing wrong with her. Because of her head circumference, she is measuring 6 days ahead but is only in the 53th percentile. She is also head up, right next to her sister. We got the cutest pic of them together.

Both of their fluids were good. If you can remember back about 4 weeks ago, my cervix was measuring 5.5 cm; today it was measuring 3.2-3.4 I do not like the sound of that but the tech didn't seem worried. She did do a vaginal ultrasound and applied pressure but it did not open up. She said that everything looked great.

So I guess I am cleared for camping this weekend. Our last camping trip that we will take with just us. Next you we will have two sweet little girls to bring with us.

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL news! Your cervix will change throughout pregnancy; that's normal. A measurement in the 3s is considered good/normal. Once it drops into the 2s, then it becomes an issue. But the fact that it didnt change under fundal pressure- that is awesome.

    Yay on your babies! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete