Tuesday, June 30, 2009

16 weeks, 5 days!

Well, we had our prenatal appointment yesterday! Everything seemed to be perfect! I asked the doctor a whole bunch of questions that have been weighing on my mind and now she probably thinks that I am an anxious nut! But at least I got my answers... I feel a little sad that my family is not going to be able to be in the room with my husband and I when I deliver. I guess when you have twins, they automatically put you in the operating room to deliver. It makes sense to me but I really wanted to at least have my mom be there. Oh well, hopefully they can be in the room when I am laboring (if I deliver naturally). My doctor says that I am very healthy. My blood pressure is great... 108/60. That's even lower than when I wasn't pregnant. I have only gained 4 lbs. I was a bit disheartened when my doc said that she only wants me to gain 18-20 lbs the whole pregnancy. I am already a little overweight so that is the goal. That seems impossible. Goodness, I was skinny when I got pregnant with my daughter and I gained 70 lbs... this should be fun. The best part was when we got to hear their heartbeats for the first time... My daughter was with us and I was really happy that my husband and daughter could be there to experience this with me. The doc found both heartbeats right away. One baby is on my far right, a little high, no wonder I feel kicks every once in awhile in my ribs. The other baby is on my far left and a little lower. I felt this baby the other night stretching himself across the bottom of my tummy, pretty uncomfortable but cute anyway. The right baby's heartbeat was in the 160's and the left baby's was in the 150's. My husband is now positive that we are having a boy and a girl because the heartbeats are different. HAHA! We will see in 8 days. They are definitely counting down. I can't wait. It should go by fast since we have a lot to do this week. We are going camping with my husband's family. We are leaving Thursday night right when we get off of work and driving about 2 hours away. We are staying at the campground until Sunday. Monday will be back to work for me and then we just have 3 days until our 9 A.M appointment! YEA!

I have been feeling pretty good the last week or so. I am still tired and getting a lot more ligment pains but other than that I am good. I have been going on walks every night (thanks to my wonderful hubby who makes me!) and hiking on the weekends. That probably contributes to some of my pains but at least I am not sleeping the whole pregnancy away!

I will post next week with the sexes of our babies~

No comments:

Post a Comment