Saturday, November 7, 2009

35 weeks, 2 days

I can say that this week has been the worst week that I have had in a long time. I got my H1N1 shot on Monday. Tuesday, I started to have a bit of a headache but it was manageable. By Tuesday night, I thought that I was going to die. My throat was killing me, I had the most congested nose ever, my head hurt, my whole body hurt. I was thinking, "well, maybe I am just getting a reaction from the shot." Wednesday was way worse as I started not being able to breathe from all the mucus in my throat. On Thursday, I couldn't even talk and had to go straight to the hospital. They did a strep test, that was negative. They did a chest x-ray, that was normal. They didn't think that I had H1N1 because I didn't have a fever. The babies looked great on the monitors so they sent me home. Of course, that night, I got a fever and the chills but I didn't want to go back to the hospital and it quickly went down after taking tylenol. Friday was still horrible. Today, I am feeling a little bit better. I can actually breathe and when I swallow, it doesn't feel like a million needles going down my throat. I feel for anyone that has to be sick while pregnant. I am so huge now, that it hurts just to turn over. I toss and turn all night. I just want to get up to 37 weeks and then I want these babies to make their appearance! That is only 12 days away! We can make it.

2 comments:

  1. Just to be safe, I'd let the hospital know you had a fever. Our hospital is isolating mothers and babies because of the flu and I'd hate for that to happen if this wasnt a touch of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried to call them; they didn't seem to really care. Thankfully, I am doing much better. I'm a little hoarse still and have lost my voice but nothing hurts anymore!! YEA! 3 days until I'm 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete