Thursday, July 9, 2009

18 weeks, 1 day

WE ARE HAVING TWO GIRLS! I was so excited! I knew all along. It is weird how I had some sort of mother's intuition. Our two little babies look perfect. I was a little worried...



Yesterday, starting at around 8 A.M. I was having some pretty bad cramps. I chalked it up to being one of the babies must have been pushing down on the bottom of my tummy. At around 1 P.M. I went to the bathroom and saw a lil' bit of blood. I was so worried. I called my husband and he automatically freaked out. He wanted me to call the doctor right away and call him right back. I called the nurse and after being on wait for 30 minutes; they scheduled an appointment for me. I went in but the doctor did not see anything wrong. She listened to both of the heartbeats and they were perfect. She did a check done there and that looked fine as well. She told me since my ultrasound was going to be for the next day, we would just wait and see. I was a little scared but for some reason I just knew that everything was fine.

The next morning was really hard. I was so excited for the ultrasound that I woke up at around 3:30 in the morning and could not really go back to sleep. Also, I was going to be getting my blood drawn for a fasting gluclose test so I was starving! Finally aroun 7:00 I rolled out of bed. I got my husband and daughter up and suprisely the morning went by pretty quickly. I went and got my blood drawn ( I have to add that I love Kaiser for the type of needles they use; it doesn't hurt at all) and then my appointment for the ultrasound was at 9:00. They were running late so the nurse didn't actually call us back until 9:15. By that time I was shaking with excitement. We hadn't seen our babies since our 12 week appointment so the second that I saw them together was wonderful. They were perfect. They were kicking, moving and punching each other! The tech checked everything and they seem healthy in every way. They are 9 ozs each and 8 inches long each. I have so much baby inside of me already. Crazy! She checked my cervix and both placentas and has no clue why I bled a bit. She said that I am doing perfectly. And of course, we are having two girls. This makes me estactic. Even though I kind of wanted a boy just because I don't have a son yet, I have known since the beginning of the pregnancy that I was going to have two girls.

So I am going to be the mother of 3 girls! It is amazing and scary all at the same time. I was thinking yesterday what it will be like when they are all teenagers. Scary! I am just so happy and relieved that everything is ok and everybody is healthy!



This morning, although I was a bit nervous, I was so excited. I just felt that everything was going to be ok. My daughter got to come to the appointment with my husband and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment