Tuesday, June 23, 2009

15 weeks, 5 days!

I can't believe how fast the time is flying by. I will be 16 weeks in two days! It is seriously amazing. I have actually been feeling so much better lately. I am still exhausted. Whoever said that tiredness is supposed to go away in the 2nd trimester obviously wasn't preggo with twins. I am pooped everyday when I get home from work. I have been trying to exercise more. My husband has been making me take a walk every night after dinner. I hate him everyday for it but I am sure that it is good for me. Also, my family and I have been going hiking a lot this month. This last weekend we went to a local waterfall. We hiked 3.5 miles. It was worth it when I saw the waterfall but I have to admit that I wanted to die on the way up. I have been trying to eat better as well. It is still hard because everything that is bad for me sounds so good. But I have been forcing myself to have a good breakfast and lunch. Then sometimes for dinner, I splurge. I have only gained about 2 lbs so far... I guess that is pretty good. I was reading some other pregnant mothers weight gains that are as far along as I am and some of them have gained 10-15 lbs with one. That is probably good for them but since I was already overweight to begin with, I am glad that I haven't started gaining weight that rapidly. I know the babies are growing because my stomach is growing at an alarming rate everyday. I look like I am 5-6 months pregnant already! It is crazy. I think that I have been feeling them move. I am not completely sure but every so often I feel a lil' tap-tap. It will go on for a few minutes and then it will be a couple more hours (or the next day) but I feel something else. It is probably just the beginning. I can't wait to feel them all the time. I know that I will want that to be over with when I can't sleep at night but it will make me feel so much better knowing that they are alright in there. I am excited for my prenatal appointment next Monday. My husband and I are going to bring our daughter for the first time. I am hoping that we will be able to hear the heartbeats. Our daughter wants to hear them so bad! Our ultrasound is scheduled for July 9th! I can't wait for that! I want to know what if I am having the two girls that I think I am. My husband thinks that there are two boys and my daughter thinks that there is going to be a boy and a girl but I have felt since the beginning that I am having two girls, I don't know why.

I am just so happy to have made it to this point without any major problems and hope that the coming months are going to be a bunch of the same. I was looking at the majority of the twin mothers have their children around 35-36 weeks, if that is true I have only 20 weeks left! That is so soon. I don't know if I am ready but I want to see their sweet faces!

No comments:

Post a Comment